Hello Chai lovers! Are you someone that likes a lip-smacking snack at Chai time? Are you enthusiastic about easy cooking or know someone who is? If yes, well, you’re in luck because today we will be leaving you with an easy-to-do recipe for a delicious snack you can make to go perfectly with your Chai.
From pakoras to chips, cutlets to mixtures, snacking has such a wide preference net but the common factor among all snacks is the love and joy that a good snack adds to Chai. For many, a complete Chai experience is centred around “Chakna”.
So let’s get straight into it!
For Corn Fritters:
150 gm corn on the cob
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 green chillies
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp polenta
1 Tbsp besan (gram flour)
1 Tbsp maida
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
4-5 Tbsp vegetable oil frying
1 big pinch smoked paprika
1 tsp parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp red chilly powder
For the Sauce:
1 red bell pepper
Salt and pepper to season
2-3 tsp olive oil
1-2 tsp red wine vinegar
A pinch of smoked paprika
2 cloves of garlic
How to Make Corn Fritters with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce:
1 .If using corn on the cob, cut the corn kernels.
2. If using frozen corn then defrost.
3. In a pan, sweat chopped onions, garlic, corn kernels and chilies for 2 minutes.
4. Transfer this into a food processor with polenta, maida, besan, baking powder, baking soda, cumin powder and paprika blits to make a stiff dough. Add a little milk if to dry.
5. Shape this mix into small balls and deep fry until crispy brown.
6. Serve with a roasted bell pepper sauce.
For the Sauce:
7. Rub the red bell pepper with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast in the oven at 180 degrees.
8. Celsius or char on a grill.
10 .Transfer into a bowl and cover with cling film.
11. This will crinkle the skin and make it easier to peel off.
12. Slice into two, de-stem and de-seed.
13. Using a food processor, puree the peppers along with garlic, salt, pepper, white pepper and paprika into a thick luscious sauce.
Recipe courtesy: NDTV FOOD
Now that your corn fritters are done, plate them up, grab your cup of Chai and munch away!
Stay tuned for more such Chai time snack ideas in our coming editions.