Posted On June 11, 2019
From biscuits to chips, fast food to street eats, the way the landscape of how the world snacks has been constantly changing over time. The past decade has seen a major shift in terms of food preferences with a global awareness about health at the forefront of the food industry. Snacks high on nutritional value and convenient to consume on-the-go seem to have taken the place of taste and high calories.
Keeping pace with the needs of the hour, Chai Point’s intent was to create a category that caters exclusively to this change. With the launch of our Trail Mix, we hope to be able to provide nutritional value and on-the-go consumption, a product worthy of the intent. With the goodness of 9 superfoods namely flaxseeds, raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cashews and pistachios, our Trail Mix comes in an efficient single-serve pack perfect for convenient consumption.
The combination of nuts, raisins and chocolate as a trail snack dates at least to the 1910s, when American travel writer and librarian Horace Kephart recommended it in his popular camping guide. Since then, the formula for this power-packed snack has seen several changes that add a more wholesome, nutritive dimension giving it comprehensive value as a stand-alone product offering.
Through this blog, we breakdown the nutritive values of the 9 superfoods that go into Chai Point’s Trail Mix and why Trail Mix is the perfect snack for the urban consumer.
- Flaxseed – Loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids and rich in dietary fibre, flaxseeds are a great booster for the digestive system and aid brain development.
- Raisins – Raisins are anywhere between 3.7%–6.8% dietary fiber which aids digestion. Raisins also high in certain antioxidants and are known to boost iron levels that upkeep the haemoglobin count.
- Cranberries – Rich in polyphenols while being a good source of vitamin C, cranberries work wonders as an antioxidant and help in boosting immunity.
- Sunflower seeds – Being a solid source of magnesium, folates and vitamin E, sunflower seeds are known to be an efficient mood regulator whilse also helping control diabetes by keeping blood sugar levels in check.
- Almonds – Packed with calcium and high on protein content, almonds play a vital role in aiding bone development and muscle recovery.
- Pumpkin seeds – Rich in magnesium, pumpkin seeds are an efficient facilitator of nerve and muscle function.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are a major source of powerful antioxidants and are recognised inhibitors of cancers.
- Cashewnuts – Not secondary to its great taste is the energy-boosting characteristic of cashews while also being a powerful aid to muscle synthesis.
- Pistachios – Another rich source of antioxidants while being loaded with healthy fats, pistachios are known to be great keepers of heart health.
- Himalayan Rock Salt – Although slightly high on sodium content, Himalayan Rock Salt helps the body maintain a conducive pH balance while also facilitating electrolyte function.
Here are some great cases for where your Trail Mix comes in handy.
- While powering through the day’s tasks, and you need a little pick-me-up for when the attention starts to waiver.
- Before or after hitting the gym, when the stomach grumbles don’t seem to stop. It makes for a great pre-workout snack or a well-planned post-workout bite.
- While you’re in transit, on-the-go, or even out on a heavy-duty hike, trek or run. There’s definitely something here for the rock climber or the marathon runner.
Our Trail Mix is a sureshot nutrition booster that will not only help you reduce junk eating, but also imbibe a healthy snacking practice that will hold you in good stead while helping maintain good levels of health and fitness. The single-serve packaging also adds a convenience factor that not many other Trail Mix products have on offer.
Get your Trail Mix today on order.chaipoint.com.
Or order online on Swiggy, Zomato and UberEats.
Bunk the junk, snack like a champ and stay on top of your game!