Dear Chai lover,
We’re back with another edition of Chai Time Snack, where we bring you simple recipes from across the country that go great with your favourite cup of Chai.
This edition we’re taking a closer look at Mawa Cake, which is a great snack to serve with tea and attempt to make. Mawa is basically dried milk and this timeless classic has been adding an extra dimension to Chai time since time immemorial.
So without further ado, let’s get into it.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Ingredients Of Mawa Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup maida
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 200 gm khoya (mawa)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- Muffin moulds-greased and floured
How to Make Mawa Cake
- Place maida, sugar, butter, khoya, vanilla and baking powder in a bowl and beat well with a beater, till smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat it again. The batter should have dropping and smooth consistency. If does not have such consistency, add a little milk and beat again.
- Pour into muffin moulds and bake in a pre-heated oven 20-25 minutes( Temp: 180 C-360 F)
- Insert a skewer or knife in the cake. if it comes out clean your cake is ready.
Recipe courtesy: NDTV Food
So get your baking gloves and apron on, and try this easy-to-make, delicious classic Mawa Cake!
Also, make a great cup of Chai to go with your cake as you brew from our range of Loose Leaf Teas.
Order online at: https://order.chaipoint.com/
Also find us on: https://www.amazon.in/stores/CHAIPOINT/Homepage/page/E6267D6C-31FF-4DE1-8F50-6B62E41989A7
Happy baking! Stay tuned for further editions of Chai Time Snack!