Dear Chai lover,
We’re back with another edition of Chai Time Snack, where we bring you simple recipes from across the country that go great with your favourite cup of Chai.
This edition we’re taking a closer look at the ever in-demand Mirchi Bajji which is a great snack to serve with tea and attempt to make. The Mirchi Bajji is slightly spicy (depending on the zing of chillies you choose) and brings your Chai to life when serving at tea time!
So without further ado, let’s get into it.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 16 green peppers
- 8-10 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 Tbsp dry coconut powder
- 1 Tbsp ajwain – crushed
- Salt – to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 3 cups besan
- Onions – chopped fine
- Chat masala
How to Make Mirchi Bajji
For the stuffing:
- Make a paste of tamarind, coriander powder, coconut powder, ajwain, salt and the brown sugar.
For the peppers:
- Make slits to the green peppers length-wise and remove the seeds from them.
- Boil them on a low flame with salt till they become soft.
- Drain the water and keep them aside.
- Now mix the besan with water and make a thick batter and add little salt.
- In a pan add oil for deep frying.
- Take the stuffing paste and fill the slit chillies with a spoon and dip it in the besan batter and put the chilly immediately in the pan and deep fry.
- Repeat the process for the other chillies as well.
- Garnish with chat masala.
- And serve hot with chopped onions.
So get your apron on, and whip up some delicious Mirchi Bajjis!
Also, make a great cup of Chai to go with your Bajjis as you brew from our range of Loose Leaf Teas.
Order online at: https://order.chaipoint.com/
Happy making! Stay tuned for further editions of Chai Time Snack!
[ Menu courtesy: NDTV Food ]